Petzl JAG SYSTEM
The JAG SYSTEM haul kit for pickoffs, making a releasable anchor, or tensioning a system, thanks to its 4:1 mechanical advantage and excellent efficiency (sheaves with sealed ball bearings). The collapsed kit is highly compact, allowing it to be used even when the distance to the anchor is very short. The JAG SYSTEM haul kit is quick and easy to deploy: it is ready to use thanks to the flexible cover that prevents any risk of tangling. The haul end is color-coded for instant identification. It is available in three lengths: 1, 2 and 5 meters.
- allows pickoffs, making a releasable anchor, tensioning a system...
- can be coupled with an I'D descender to make a reversible rescue kit to pick off and evacuate a victim
- Hauling effectiveness:
- 4:1 mechanical advantage allows user effort to be divided by 4
- excellent efficiency due to sheaves mounted on sealed ball bearings
- deployment possible even when the distance to the anchor is very short, thanks to the extreme compactness of the collapsed system
- 8 mm lightweight rope The mechanical advantage guarantees a good grip.
- Quick and easy to deploy:
- kit always ready to use, thanks to the flexible cover that prevents any risk of tangling
- haul end immediately identifiable, thanks to the yellow color of the end of the cover
- the ends of the cover hold the connectors in position to facilitate clipping
- Comes with two Am'D TRIACT-LOCK auto-locking carabiners
- Available in three lengths: 1, 2 and 5 m
- JAG and JAG TRAXION pulleys also available separately for making long haul systems (e.g. confined space descent/ascent system)
- Material(s): aluminum, nylon, polyurethane
- Rope diameter: 8 mm
- Certification(s): EAC
- Sheave type: sealed ball bearings
- Working load: 6 kN
- Breaking strength: 16 kN
- Efficiency: 91 %
|Deployed length||1 m||2 m||5 m|
|Collapsed length||0,32 m||0,34 m||0,40 m|
|Weight||610 g||805 g||1460 g|
|Guarantee||3 years||3 years||3 years|
Ask the Expert: CEO Chris Koester
Petzl Jag System Review
The Petzl JAG System is a very useful product with many uses. The Petzl JAG is a 4:1 mechanical advantage system with a progress capture pulley. The JAG has a sock around it to keep the ropes from getting tangled.
We recommend the Petzl JAG for industrial rescuers, arborists and municipal fire rescue folks. We recommend the Rock Exotica Aztek for wildland search and rescue teams that are going to use Artificial High Directional (AHD) systems to retrieve hikers/climbers from the bottom of bluffs, ravines, and canyons.
For the industrial rescuers and the arborists, the Petzl JAG is invaluable. The JAG is a solid device to use for pickoffs to minimize the strain a rescuer has to use to get a victim off their system. The JAG is excellent for short tripod work and for use on an overhead anchor to position a redirect pulley above a confined space. The JAG hooks into a Stokes or Sked System so when using the JAG to take either over an edge into a lowering position, loading it in the lowering ropes can be done with ease. The JAG is simply a proven tool with unlimited uses and when we work or train with it, we literally find yet another way the JAG can be used to make rope work easier.
The Petzl JAG is a must for your rescue kit and is available in several lengths: 1 meter, 2 meters, and 5 meters.
There is also a Petzl JAG Rescue Kit that has many uses but in particular, works great for fall protection rescue. By the way, if you already have a Petzl ID, you can make your own JAG Rescue Kit – you need only to buy the Petzl JAG! Why am I telling you this instead of selling you more products? Because we don’t just want to sell stuff, we want to ensure our customers get the equipment they really need and help save them money too. That’s why our customers love us.
The Petzl JAG is a “must-have” in your rescue kits: hundreds of uses, 4:1 mechanical advantage, progress capture pulley, simple to learn to use and has high “how to use it” retention rate. Learn it once and six months later a person can remember how to use it without tons of refresher training.
No matter which product you decide to use, the Petzl JAG, Rock Exotica Aztek or Petzl JAG Rescue Kit, we can provide them all at Rescue Gear Pro.